Anyhow, yesterday I found out where I was getting placed for my teaching internship in the Fall. FULTON! I'm so excited cause that is EXACTLY where I wanted to be. Shhh....it's technically a secret and I'm technically not supposed to know....so you can't tell anyone. Just so you know a little more about Fulton, it's in inner city Knoxville. The school is made up of about 1000 students that are very culturally mixed. Many of these students haven't had all that much growing up, including that little bit of love many of us got from our parents. I know this internship is gonna be a challenge for me....considering where I went to high school. BUT I CAN'T WAIT! Just from observing this school for few months, I already know this is where I'm supposed to be. Many of these students have this mindset that they can't do it. And let me tell ya, that really
Please please pray for me and these students over the summer. Pray that God will be glorified through this experience and that these students will succeed through school. Most of all pray for God to work in their hearts.
you said piss!! :) you're gonna be great where ever! sock it to 'em mrs. morrow!
ReplyDeleteThe principal there goes to Fellowship and is starting to get involved with the slightly-older-than college group. He seems to be a pretty cool dude.
ReplyDeleteMallory! I'm so excited that you've chosen teaching as a career choice. I think you'll be awesome. Good luck with getting the students to believe in themselves--I know you can do it!
ReplyDelete--==--David Petersen